Members of Trinity and St. John, Sudbury, Massachusetts met recently via Zoom to explore ways the two congregations might work together to engage on issues of race in church and society. The group of a dozen people, split equally between the two congregations, committed to meeting weekly beginning Tuesday, August 18 for conversation and discussion using the “Dialogue on Race” materials from Augsburg Fortress. Interested members from both congregations are invited to join them in the weekly study.
- What: “Dialogues on Race” – a small group series to explore race and the church.
- When: Tuesday nights beginning August 18 and ending September 29 from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Where: The study will be conducted via Zoom. Login information will be sent to each participant.
- How: Each session will begin with a brief video presentation, an initial large group conversation, and then small group conversation using the breakout room function through Zoom.
- Why: To build a community of support among Lutherans committed to racial justice and equality.
- Cost: There is no cost. Participants may make a $10 donation to cover the price of the participant books.
- Further details: Click HERE for a link with a description of course materials.
To reserve your spot in the study please RSVP to Pastor Nathan by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 617.388.5636. Please also contact Pastor Nathan if you have any questions or would like additional information.