Sunday - 8am & 10am Wednesday - 6pmView Our Worship Schedule
Each year on the second Sunday of Advent we hear John the Baptist urging us to prepare for the coming of Christ. This coming Sunday we hear also Isaiah’s famous poem about the wolf lying down with the lamb. Come to worship, and receive the blessings from the word of the Lord.Readings: (click readings to view)
Psalm 72:1-7, 18-19
Sign up for a Newsletter
Music at Trinity
Music at Trinity is an outreach of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Worcester, MA, offering quality, community-wide musical programming such as concerts, hymn festivals, and music related to the worship of the congregation, such as Vespers or Festival Worship.
The 2016-2017 season of Music at Trinity is nearly planned, and complete information about the full calendar of events will be available by December 15. Until then, mark these dates in your schedule and plan on attending.
- Christmas Eve / Saturday, December 24 at 10:30 p.m. / Trinity Choir sings Gerald Finzi’s In Terra Pax with chamber orchestra and soloists Erin Conley, Soprano and Dalton Weaner, Baritone as prelude to the 11:00 p.m. Holy Eucharist for the Nativity of Our Lord
- The Eve of the Epiphany of Our Lord / Thursday, January 5 at 7:00 p.m. / Music for brass quintet and organ augments the hymns and motets of Francis Poulenc in the festival worship.
- Organist Daryl Robinson in Concert / Sunday, February 26 at 4:00 p.m.
- Bach Birthday Concert / Tuesday, March 21 at 7:30 p.m.
- Arvo Pärt’s Passio / Palm Sunday / Sunday of the Passion / April 9 at 4:00 p.m.
- Harmonie Traverse Flute Ensemble / Sunday, April 30 at 4:00 p.m.
- Diamonds from the Dust (Choral Ensemble) / Saturday, June 3 at 6:00 p.m.
- Hymn Festival: Come, Join the Dance of Trinity / Sunday, June 11 at 4:00 p.m.
This programming is supported by generous giving, to the glory of God, by members of Trinity Church, as well as friends who support the arts. A special “thank you” to all who made the 2015-2016 season of Music at Trinity possible with financial gifts. Also, a special “thank you” to all who volunteered last season, including preparing and staffing receptions, ushering, and other tasks. Our collective effort makes this outreach mission of music possible.
If you are interested in helping in the planning and logistics of these events for the wider community, please contact Cantor Mark Mummert (firstname.lastname@example.org or 508.753.2989, ext. 14)
Extending beyond Trinity’s worship life, Music at Trinity offers several concerts and performances throughout the year. Unless otherwise noted, Music at Trinity events are free to the public. Many concerts are followed by a reception to greet the artists. This programming is supported by generous giving, to the glory of God, by members of Trinity Lutheran Church as well as friends who support the arts. Please consider making a contribution to this music ministry. In thanksgiving to God for this music ministry and in order to serve those in need, ten percent of all contributions to Music at Trinity concerts and events are passed on to a chosen mission each year.
For the 2016-2017 season of Music at Trinity, ten percent of all funds raised will be given to the Interfaith Hospitality Network of Greater Worcester. IHN is an organization that unites the religious community in an effort to serve and nurture homeless families. Families under the care of IHN receive case management, assistance with housing and employment search, accessing support services and advocacy. Learn more about the important work of this organization at ihnworcester.org.
All gifts are tax deductible and based on the program year (September-June). Please make checks payable to “Trinity Lutheran Church” and note “Music at Trinity” on the memo line. Contributions will be listed in Music at Trinity concert programs for the remainder of the program year, or can be made anonymously. You may also donate electronically by clicking here. Thank you!
Music at Trinity is a member of the Worcester Cultural Coalition.
For more information about Music at Trinity Events, please contact
Cantor Mark Mummert – email@example.com