- Have you ever wanted to study Luther’s Small Catechism as an adult?
- Have you wanted a short seven-session course on the basics of Christian faith in a Lutheran key?
- Have you thought about going deeper with a small group in conversations about faith and life?
The Way: By Heart is “for you.”
This seven-session study for adults is open to all who wish to study Martin Luther’s Small Catechism. The entire course is built around three kinds of source material that we see as essential to a meaningful experience of the catechism.
- Scripture and Tradition. For example, the Ten Commandments as cited in Exodus 20 or the Apostles’ Creed as we have it from Christian traditions.
- Luther’s explanations of the scripture or doctrine from Christian traditions.
- The “backstory” of Luther’s own life and times, the fertile soil of the Reformation itself.
This short course is especially “for you” if:
- You have children in confirmation and you want to understand what they are learning about the catechism. Plus, it meets concurrent with our Wednesday evening confirmation class.
- You are in Trinity Choir or have other obligations that prevent you from participating in the Sunday morning Adult Forum.
- You are new to Christianity or Lutheranism and would like a primer in the basics of faith and doctrine.
- You are new to Trinity Church and want to become involved in a small group study to learn to know more people better.
- You have been a Lutheran all of your life and are ready for a refreshed look at our faith.
Sundays, 11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. in the Library beginning September 9 (after the weekly 10:00 a.m. Holy Eucharist)
Wednesdays, 7:15 p.m. – 8:15 p.m. in the Library beginning September 12 (after the weekly 6:30 p.m. Fellowship Supper)
Cantor Mark Mummert leads both the Sunday and Wednesday sessions. All are welcome. Contact Cantor Mark with questions at 508-753-2989, ext. 12 or firstname.lastname@example.org.