During the Annual Congregational Meeting, Transition Committee Chair Mary Tarquinio shared that the purpose of the Transition Team is “to convene conversation among, and beyond, members of Trinity Church for the purpose of clarifying mission that will be helpful in determining staffing needs.” Over the next several months the team will be convening focus groups of Trinity members for conversation around 5 main questions that will seek to clarify the purpose and vision of Trinity Church:
- Why does this congregation exist?
- What hopes do you have for this congregation? What specific actions would achieve those hopes?
- What fears do you have for this congregation? What specific actions would address those fears?
- Who would miss this congregation if it was gone?
- What would motivate others such as yourself to participate in this congregation.
Watch for ways you can participate in these conversations! The Transition Team’s goal is to invite all members of Trinity into conversation around these questions. For more info, please speak with any member of the Transition Team: Mary Tarquinio (Chair), Pastor Nathan, Loie Angelsten, Roz Horn, Sulma Rubert-Silva, and John Trobaugh. The Transition Team hopes to make a report of the conversations at the May meeting of the Congregational Council.