You Are Welcome!
Hear God’s Word. Receive Christ’s Supper. Live in the Spirit.
Centered in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ,
Celebrating the gift of God’s welcoming love, and
Committed to serving our neighbor,
We respect each individual’s dignity and worth.
Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church is a community of faith that believes that each person is a beloved child of God. We renounce xenophobia and repent of our sins of hatred, bigotry and prejudice. Bestowed with God’s grace, we are committed to work for racial equity and justice.
We rejoice in the presence of people of every ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, socioeconomic situation, personal history, or legal status. Whether you are a lifelong resident or new to the community, a lifelong believer or new to the faith, hurt by the church or a seeker of God’s presence, you are welcome here.
Come and See!
“Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing that some have entertained angels without knowing it.” Hebrews 13:2
*Due to COVID-19 precautions, we are not able to extend hospitality and fellowship in our normal ways as listed below. Currently, all congregational activities other than worship in the Nave are suspended, meeting online, or happening outdoors. We keep the activities listed below on our website to give you a sense of who we have been, as we discern who we are, and who we are becoming in God’s grace.*
Our Hospitality includes …
- Welcome Desk Volunteers who provide a friendly Trinity welcome during weekday business hours from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday Fellowship Dinners offered in the downstairs Fellowship Hall every Wednesday night beginning at 6:30pm during the school year (no meals on the Wednesdays the Worcester Public Schools are not in session). Suggested donation is $3/person.
- Coffee in Jeppson Hall between the Sunday morning liturgies and Coffee Hour with pastries, crackers and cheese, and other goodies following the 10 a.m. Sunday liturgy
- Greeters who say hi and provide a welcome to all attending the Sunday liturgies.
- Ushers who assist with movement during our liturgies
Fellowship opportunities for all ages include …
- Anna Circle is a gathering of Trinity’s senior adults for monthly fellowship and refreshments in the Golden Room.
- Dine with Nine is a program that brings together approximately nine adults to share meals in each other’s homes once a month over the course of three months. After that, a lottery is held and the groups are mixed up for the next three months.
- Trinity Travelers is a group that gathers together for monthly day-trips to various places of interest through New England.
- Youth Group for Middle and High School students participates in monthly fellowship events offered by LIPY (Lutheran Inter-Parish Youth) from area Lutheran parishes. Events include service projects, an annual mission trip to various places in the Northeast, and the ELCA Churchwide Youth Gathering.
Explore further using the menu below