Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church came into being on January 1, 1948 by the merger of First, Bethany and Calvary parishes (Founded 1881, 1900, and 1921 respectively). Trinity arrived at its present building and facilities in a series of planned steps through the years 1948-1951.
First came the construction of the nave and a portion of the present Parish Education wing. The latter included Jeppson Hall, Fellowship Hall and the present library – formerly a chapel – offices, and music facilities.
Then came the Christian Education Building which included relocation of the choir rehearsal rooms and the addition of present facilities including the multi-purpose room.
Thirdly, Christ Chapel was added and renovations made to provide the present library.
All portions of the church architecture and artistic appointments are heavily influenced by Scandinavian church architecture.