When: Friday, February 8 at 6 p.m. through Sunday, February 10 at 4 p.m.
Where: Faith and Good Shepherd Lutheran Churches, Quincy, Massachusetts
Facilitators: Pr. Nathan, Cantor Mark, and Jena Hardy
Cost: $50/person or Family rate of $100 for two adults and accompanying children. This fee covers course materials and food for the weekend.
Registration at https://tinyurl.com/yc4s722a or call the church office at 508-753-2989.
Two overnight options for Friday and Saturday night:
- home stays with congregants from host churches;
- OR nearby hotel accommodations available at additional cost but at a group rate
Participation in this weekend retreat fulfills one of five course components of “The Way,” our congregation’s affirmation of baptism (confirmation) curriculum.
The retreat is open to all persons interested in discovering the Bible in community in a new way. All members and friends of the congregation are urged to attend, whether you are new to Christianity, or a lifelong disciple of Jesus.
QUESTIONS? Ask our ministry staff: Pastor Nathan, Cantor Mark, or Jena Hardy
Animate Bible Retreat Schedule
- 6:00 p.m. Arrive and Orientation (Faith Lutheran Church)
- 7:00 p.m. Session 1: CANON: Mining for the Word
- 8:15 p.m. Night prayer
- 9:00 p.m. Social Hour
- 9:00 a.m. Breakfast
- 9:30 a.m. Morning Prayer (Good Shepherd Lutheran Church)
- 9:45 a.m. Session 2: HISTORY: Parchment to Pixel
- 11:00 a.m. Break
- 11:15 a.m. Session 3: TESTAMENTS: One Story, Two Parts
- 12:30 p.m. Lunch
- 1:15 p.m. Recreation
- 2:00 p.m. Session 4: GOSPELS: Unexpected Good News
- 3:15 p.m. Break
- 3:30 p.m. Session 5: GENRE: Rhythm of the Text
- 5:00 p.m. Evening Prayer
- 6:00 p.m. Dinner and social time
- 9:00 p.m. Home stays or Hotel overnight
- 8:00 a.m. Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. Session 6: INTERPRETATION: Scripture Reads Us (Good Shepherd Lutheran Church)
- 10:30 a.m. Worship
- 12:30 p.m. Lunch
- 1:30 p.m. Session 7: GRACE: Love is the Bottom Line
- 3:00 p.m. Wrap-up
- 3:45 p.m. Sending Prayer and travel home